A Call to Realign our Words
By Jacquie Tyre
My heart is deeply stirred today as I see people posting comments about the "end of America" as if God has forsaken us, issued a sentence of judgement that is irrevocable, and essentially stating that there is no hope. In response to such sentiments, I would like to a different perspective and propose some solid Biblical truths for your prayerful consideration.
Yes, America has gone astray and lost her way in many ways. We are in a mess and in a desperate place!
However, we must recognize that this waywardness did not start in the world (meaning those that are not yet redeemed from the bondage of sin). It began in the church. The church (meaning professing believers and 'church-attenders') went astray. We strayed from authenticity of an intimate relationship with Christ as both Savior and Lord and depended upon religious rules of dos and do-nots, and religious practices that “had a form of godliness but denied the power.” We departed, or at least remained silent as the departing began, from solid Biblical truths within the household of faith. The eroding of Biblical standards of foundational truth opened the door for a lie being called truth, dark being called light, and error being called enlightenment. Quite candidly, much of the church has been too concerned over offending anyone, losing financial support from their members, losing our social standing, or possibly being subjected to rejection or persecution because of our faith in Christ and His Word as the final authority in our lives. The problem is not the world, the problem has been - and is - us….God’s people!
BUT THERE IS HOPE!
Throughout Scripture, time and time again, we see the Children of God (Israel) going astray, wandering away from God's Word and even openly rebelling against the Lord; and time and time again we see God making a way for their return and restoration - Awakening (revival), Transformation, and Reformation. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Heb 13:8). Mercy triumph over judgement (James 2:13), and the full payment for our redemption has already been paid in Christ (Heb 7:27; 9:25-27; Eph 1:7). Our God is still in the business of restoration and recovery of all that has been lost, stolen, or laid aside (forsaken).
Let’s take the following words of Scripture to heart and into faithful response in obedience, intercession, and speaking words that line up with God’s words of Life and not of death. There is power if what we say (spoken or written). Let’s align our hearts to speak forth that which is filled with faith, hope, and love, not fear, doubt, and hatred.
- “Life and death are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit.” Prov 18:21
- “I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live.” - Deut 30:19
1. An Invitation that Unlocks Forgiveness & Healing: When God’s people go astray and things begin to suffer under the consequences of sin, there is an eternal - yet conditional - promise for us if we will do what His word commands:
2 Chronicles 7:13-14 “When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, 14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”
Acts 3:19 Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord;
James 5:16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.
2. A Promise of Glory Rising in the Midst of Gross Darkness: God’s word promises that when things get really, really dark, this is the perfect time for the Light of His Glory and Grace to rise over His people. It is the perfect time for Revival to be poured out. This is the context into which every revival throughout history has broken forth to transform lives and reform society. Today is no different. There is GLORY RISING upon God’s people that will cause those in gross darkness to see and come into the light of His glory and grace. Remember… light always dispels darkness; darkness does not overtake light!
Isaiah 60:1-3 Arise, shine;
For your light has come!
And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.
2 For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth,
And deep darkness the people;
But the Lord will arise over you,
And His glory will be seen upon you.
3 The Gentiles shall come to your light,
And kings to the brightness of your rising.
2 Corinthians 4:7-9 For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your bond-servants for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God, who said, “Light shall shine out of darkness,” is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.
3. An Assurance of Hope that keeps us secure in Christ alone: Yes, it is promised that in this life we will have trials and tribulations, nevertheless our hope is secure. Why then do we fret, worry, rant, and rave with sounds of fear, doubt, and unbelief?
Psalm 33:18-22 Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him,
On those who hope in His mercy,
19 to deliver their soul from death,
And to keep them alive in famine.
20 Our soul waits for the Lord;
He is our help and our shield.
21 For our heart shall rejoice in Him,
Because we have trusted in His holy name.
22 Let Your mercy, O Lord, be upon us,
Just as we hope in You.
Romans 15:13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Colossians 1:27 what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
I Timothy 4:10 For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.
4. God’s plans and purposes shall be accomplished. God’s word clearly states that He will have a glorious, victorious Church that is fit as a Bride for His Son; one through whom He shall make His Kingdom manifest “on earth as in heaven.” (Ephesians 5:37; Matthew 6:10; Luke 11:2)
Proverbs 19:21 There are many plans in a man’s heart,
Nevertheless the Lord’s counsel—that will stand.
Psalm 138:7-8 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me;
You will stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies,
And Your right hand will save me.
8 The Lord will accomplish what concerns me;
Your lovingkindness, O Lord, is everlasting;
Do not forsake the works of Your hands
[This may be applied to individuals, families, nations, and generations. It is God’s good pleasure to see what He has ordained and purposed fulfilled.]
Isaiah 55:11 So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.
[God has spoken much over our nation and her purpose to bless the nations of the world. He is watching over His word and it shall not return to Him empty or void. The question is — will we agree with the Lord so His purposes are fulfilled in our generation or will He have to wait for another generation to be raised up that will do what He has purposed.]
5. God and His Kingdom are not shaken by things going on in the world… and neither should we be! We serve a God who rules an unshakable kingdom and His rule shall never end.
Psalm 62:1-2 My soul waits in silence for God only;
From Him is my salvation.
2 He only is my rock and my salvation,
My stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken.
Isaiah 54:10 “For the mountains may be removed and the hills may shake,
But My lovingkindness will not be removed from you,
And My covenant of peace will not be shaken,”
Says the Lord who has compassion on you.
Hebrews 12:27-29 This expression, “Yet once more,” denotes the removing of those things which can be shaken, as of created things, so that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. 28 Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us [a]show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe; 29 for our God is a consuming fire.
6. The Church that is rising in this hour is being restored to all God intended from the beginning. The power of death and hell has been defeated. The “Greater One” is in us and the power of hell shall not prevail against Christ and His Church (Ekklesia-called out ones established to bring the atmosphere and the rule of heaven into the earth… not by force of human or religious action, but by the power of God’s perfect love.)
I John 4:4 You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.
Matthew 16:18-19 I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.”
Revelation 1:18-19 “Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, 18 and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades
Acts 15:15-18 ‘After these things I will return,
And I will rebuild the tabernacle of David which has fallen,
And I will rebuild its ruins,
And I will restore it,
17 So that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord,
And all the Gentiles who are called by My name,’
Says the Lord, who makes these things known from long ago.
In this crucial hour let us remember that God promises to do - and is doing - a glorious thing in the midst of gross darkness. Let’s be a people who align our hearts to believe, think, speak, and write according to God’s word, will, and ways, and pray for the help of Holy Spirit and God’s holy angels to assist us in staying true to the purposes of the Lord in the earth.
Psalm 141:3 May my prayer be counted as incense before You;
The lifting up of my hands as the evening offering.
3 Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth;
Keep watch over the door of my lips.
I Corinthians 2:9-10 But as it is written:
“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”
10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.